Sri Lanka is a lush, tropical island paradise, known to ancient Greek mariners as TAPROBANE. Arab traders called it “serendipity” meaning discovery by happy accident. It was famously described by Marco Polo as” undoubtedly the finest island of its size in the world”.
This is a culturally rich and environmentally diverse country, with nine world Heritage sites (the oldest dating back to the 3rd century BC); 86 species of mammals (including elephant and leopard) and more than 400 bird species (including 26 endemics) a colourful array of flowering plants and trees, and a hill country famous for tea, 15 National parks showcasing are an abundance of wildlife, botanical gardens, waterfalls, to a glorious and a vibrant culture that extends back to over 2,500 years.
Route: Bentota -> Nuwara Eliya -> Kandy -> Mirissa -> Colombo
Hotels available in 3/4/5 stars
- Air-conditioned Vehicle for a round tour
- All the sites Guiding
- 500ml water bottle per person every day
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Cost of personal excursions
- Entrance fees for sites and activities
- Cost of beverages
- Tips and Portages
- The Official check-in time at all the hotels will be 14. 00 Hours
- The Official check-out time at all the hotels will be 12. 00 Hours
Good to Know
- Sri Lanka is a tropical country, ideal clothing would be cotton and comfortable clothing. Shorts and T-shirts are ideal other than when visiting the temples. Ladies are required to cover the shoulders as well.
- The temperature throughout the year in law land areas ranges between 25 to 35 Ċ and in the hill country between 20 to 25 Ċ during the daytime. During the night it can drop a little below 15 Ċ in certain months of the year.
- Liquor will NOT be served on Poya days [full moon Day] and on any other religious holidays. These are considered dry days. There is a Poya day for each calendar month.
- All major credit cards will be widely accepted in all reputable outlets. [Restaurants/Shops etc.]
Airport to Colombo
After arrival check-in leisure at the hotel in Colombo.
Colombo to Bentota
After breakfast, you will proceed to Bentota. Protected from noisy Gall Road by the sluggish sweep of the Bentota Ganga, the ribbon of golden sand that makes up Bentota beach is a glorious holiday sun and fun playground.
After lunch, you can do most adventure water sports at Bentota River.
Then, you may proceed to the Turtle hatchery situated in Bentota.
Bentota to Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast, you will proceed to Nuwara Eliya.
The Little England of Sri Lanka is set against beautiful backdrops of mountains valleys waterfalls and tea plantations. It is supposed to be one of the coolest places on the island, but it is really just like an English spring day, although the temperature does drop at night.
Also, you can visit The Victoria park, The Gregory lake, Golf course, Racecourse, Seetha Amman Temple, in Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya to Kandy
After breakfast, you may proceed to Kandy.
You may visit Horton Plains today morning and evening you can see the Highest Mountain Pidurutalagala.
City Tour:- While on your city tour you will visit one of the world heritages as well as a sacred place for the Buddhist all over the world; namely the Temple of tooth Relic known to the Sri Lankans as Dalada Maligawa.
Also, you can visit the Royal Botanical Garden of Peradeniya.
The real evidence of the richness will be affirmed by your visit to the Gem Museum. Sri Lanka produces the finest quality of Gems in the world. Semi-precious gems, the sapphires of Sri Lanka, which are very exclusive and comes in shades of blue, red, green, white etc.
In the evening you witness a traditional cultural dance show.
Kandy to Colombo
After breakfast, you may proceed to the Colombo. On your way take a city tour in Colombo and shopping if you need.
Colombo to Airport
After breakfast, You will be transferred to the Airport for your flight back home, accompanied by all the beautiful memories of the tropical isle Sri Lanka once known as TAPROBANE.
END OF THE TOUR