Sri Lanka is a lush, tropical island paradise, known to ancient Greek mariners as TAPROBANE. Arab traders called it “serendipity” meaning discovery by happy accident. It was famously described by Marco Polo as” undoubtedly the finest island of its size in the world”.
This is a culturally rich and environmentally diverse country, with nine world Heritage sites (the oldest dating back to the 3rd century BC); 86 species of mammals (including elephant and leopard) and more than 400 bird species (including 26 endemics) a colourful array of flowering plants and trees, and a hill country famous for tea, 15 National parks showcasing are an abundance of wildlife, botanical gardens, waterfalls, to a glorious and a vibrant culture that extends back to over 2,500 years.
Route: Pasikuda -> Arugam bay -> Ella -> Lipton seat -> Mirissa -> Colombo
Hotels available in 3/4/5 stars
- Air-conditioned Vehicle for a round tour
- All the sites Guiding
- 500ml water bottle per person every day
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Cost of personal excursions
- Entrance fees for sites and activities
- Cost of beverages
- Tips and Portages
- The Official check-in time at all the hotels will be 14. 00 Hours
- The Official check-out time at all the hotels will be 12. 00 Hours
Good to Know
- Sri Lanka is a tropical country, ideal clothing would be cotton and comfortable clothing. Shorts and T-shirts are ideal other than when visiting the temples. Ladies are required to cover the shoulders as well.
- The temperature throughout the year in law land areas ranges between 25 to 35 Ċ and in the hill country between 20 to 25 Ċ during the daytime. During the night it can drop a little below 15 Ċ in certain months of the year.
- Liquor will NOT be served on Poya days [full moon Day] and on any other religious holidays. These are considered dry days. There is a Poya day for each calendar month.
- All major credit cards will be widely accepted in all reputable outlets. [Restaurants/Shops etc.]
Airport to Pasikuda
On arrival in Sri Lanka, you will first proceed to Dambulla Rest House.
After breakfast visit Dambulla Cave temple, Then you will proceed to Lions Rock Sigiriya.
After that visit a traditional Hiriwadunna Village. Start the journey along the way of Habarana lakeside viewing the natural surrounding with a beautiful atmosphere. Arriving at Paranagama village where you can see the people cultivating & gardening. Visit a small house made out of the mud to experience the lifestyle of the rural villages, where you can witness a village-style cooking demonstration, as well as to taste authentic food and drink.
Thereafter proceed to a nearby lake and embark on a local catamaran boat which is called the Oruwa. Refresh with a coconut drink Kurumba or Thambili. Thereafter visit the Habarana Lake on the Oruwa to witness the village’s fishing in the Lake. (Entrance fees: direct)
After all, proceed to the hotel in Pasikudha.
After breakfast proceeds to Arugambay hotel. Stay leisure in the Arugambay hotel.
Arugam bay to Ella
After breakfast, proceed to Ella. In Ella visit to;
- Little Adam’s Peak
- Ella Rock
- Nine Arch Bridge
Ella to Lipton Seat
After the Lipton Seat, we have to catch a train to Ella. Train travel in Sri Lanka is both a beautiful and affordable way to see the country, and no trip is more scenic than the train from Nanu Oya to Ella.
Ella to Mirissa
After breakfast, proceed to Yala, On the way you can see Rawana Water Falls and Ella Gap.
The morning we have to leave for Whale watching tour at Mirissa harbor. After the whale watching tour leave for Mirissa hotel.
You will be transferred to Colombo, accompanied by all the beautiful memories of the tropical isle Sri Lanka once known as TAPROBANE.
END OF THE TOUR