Sri Lanka is a lush, tropical island paradise, known to ancient Greek mariners as TAPROBANE. Arab traders called it “serendipity” meaning discovery by happy accident. It was famously described by Marco Polo as” undoubtedly the finest island of its size in the world”.
This is a culturally rich and environmentally diverse country, with nine world Heritage sites (the oldest dating back to the 3rd century BC); 86 species of mammals (including elephant and leopard) and more than 400 bird species (including 26 endemics) a colourful array of flowering plants and trees, and a hill country famous for tea, 15 National parks showcasing are an abundance of wildlife, botanical gardens, waterfalls, to a glorious and a vibrant culture that extends back to over 2,500 years.
Route: Anuradhapura -> Sigiriya -> Polonnaruwa -> Kandy
Hotels available in 3/4/5 stars
- Air-conditioned Vehicle for a round tour
- All the sites Guiding
- 500ml water bottle per person every day
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Cost of personal excursions
- Entrance fees for sites and activities
- Cost of beverages
- Tips and Portages
- The Official check-in time at all the hotels will be 14. 00 Hours
- The Official check-out time at all the hotels will be 12. 00 Hours
Good to Know
- Sri Lanka is a tropical country, ideal clothing would be cotton and comfortable clothing. Shorts and T-shirts are ideal other than when visiting the temples. Ladies are required to cover the shoulders as well.
- The temperature throughout the year in law land areas ranges between 25 to 35 Ċ and in the hill country between 20 to 25 Ċ during the daytime. During the night it can drop a little below 15 Ċ in certain months of the year.
- Liquor will NOT be served on Poya days [full moon Day] and on any other religious holidays. These are considered dry days. There is a Poya day for each calendar month.
- All major credit cards will be widely accepted in all reputable outlets. [Restaurants/Shops etc.]
Airport to Anuradhapura
On arrival in Sri Lanka, you will first proceed to Anuradhapura and visit the Aukana statue. Then, check-in and stay leisure at your own arrangement hotel.
After breakfast, you’ll proceed ancient city visit. Sites where you visiting:-
Isurumuniya -> Sri Maha Bodhi -> Ruwanwali seya -> Mirisawatiya -> Thupaaramaya -> Abhayagiriya -> Samadhi statue -> Jetavanaramaya -> Twin pond -> Finally sunset at Lake Basawakkulama and back to the hotel.
Anuradhapura to Sigiriya
After breakfast, you’ll proceed to Sigiriya and visit the Mihinthalaya temple. Then, check-in at your own arrangement hotel in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa
After breakfast, you’ll proceed to Polonnaruwa and visit many historically important ancient religious sites.
Evening, check-in at your own arrangement hotel in Sigiriya.
After breakfast, begin the morning by climbing the rock fortress of Sigiriya.
See the famous frescoes of the ‘Heavenly maidens’ of Sigiriya in a sheltered pocket of the rock and the 10-foot high Mirror Wall. At the foothills, visit the Sigiriya museum as well. (Entrance fees: direct)
After that visit a traditional Hiriwadunna Village. Start the journey along the way of Habarana lakeside viewing the natural surrounding with a beautiful atmosphere. Arriving at Paranagama village where you can see the people cultivating & gardening. Visit a small house made out of the mud to experience the lifestyle of the rural villages, where you can witness a village-style cooking demonstration, as well as to taste authentic food and drink.
Thereafter proceed to a nearby lake and embark on a local catamaran boat which is called the Oruwa. Refresh with a coconut drink Kurumba or Thambili. Thereafter visit the Habarana Lake on the Oruwa to witness the village’s fishing in the Lake. (Entrance fees: direct)
Sigiriya to Kandy
After breakfast, continue to Dambulla, to explore the famous Golden Rock cave temple which has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After visiting the Dambulla Cave temple, proceed to Kandy. En-route, stop by the Matale Spice Garden for a quick visit.
Also, visit the Hindu temple and Traditional fabric paint factory (Batick) in Kandy.
Then, check-in at your own arrangement hotel in Kandy.
After breakfast, you will proceed to the Kandy City tour.
First, you will proceed to the Temple of the Tooth. Then, visit the Mosque, War cemetery, and Bahirawakanda temple.
In the evening you will be experiencing and enjoying the “Cultural Show” in Kandy, performance of the traditional Kandyan dance accompanied by tumultuous drumming.
After all, back to the hotel and stay relax.
Kandy to Airport
Finally, you will be transferred to the Airport for your flight back home, accompanied by all the beautiful memories of the tropical isle Sri Lanka once known as TAPROBANE.
END OF THE TOUR