Sri Lanka is a lush, tropical island paradise, known to ancient Greek mariners as TAPROBANE. Arab traders called it “serendipity” meaning discovery by happy accident. It was famously described by Marco Polo as” undoubtedly the finest island of its size in the world”.
This is a culturally rich and environmentally diverse country, with nine world Heritage sites (the oldest dating back to the 3rd century BC); 86 species of mammals (including elephant and leopard) and more than 400 bird species (including 26 endemics) a colourful array of flowering plants and trees, and a hill country famous for tea, 15 National parks showcasing are an abundance of wildlife, botanical gardens, waterfalls, to a glorious and a vibrant culture that extends back to over 2,500 years.
Route: Udawalawe -> Sinharaja -> Yala
Hotels available in 3/4/5 stars
- Air-conditioned Vehicle for a round tour
- All the sites Guiding
- 500ml water bottle per person every day
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Cost of personal excursions
- Entrance fees for sites and activities
- Cost of beverages
- Tips and Portages
- The Official check-in time at all the hotels will be 14. 00 Hours
- The Official check-out time at all the hotels will be 12. 00 Hours
Good to Know
- Sri Lanka is a tropical country, ideal clothing would be cotton and comfortable clothing. Shorts and T-shirts are ideal other than when visiting the temples. Ladies are required to cover the shoulders as well.
- The temperature throughout the year in law land areas ranges between 25 to 35 Ċ and in the hill country between 20 to 25 Ċ during the daytime. During the night it can drop a little below 15 Ċ in certain months of the year.
- Liquor will NOT be served on Poya days [full moon Day] and on any other religious holidays. These are considered dry days. There is a Poya day for each calendar month.
- All major credit cards will be widely accepted in all reputable outlets. [Restaurants/Shops etc.]
Day 1 & 2
Airport to Udawalawe
On arrival in Sri Lanka, you will first proceed to the Udawalawe. There, you’ll camp for two nights. (Game camping)
Udawalawe National Park of Sri Lanka is known for its amazing tourism, wildlife, safaris, elephants, elephant orphanage, hotels, animals and birds. There you will do the safari in the National Park.
Day 3 & 4
Udawalawe to Sinharaja
After breakfast, proceed to Sinharaja and stay another 2 nights there.
Day 5 & 6
Sinharaja to Yala
After breakfast, you’ll proceed to Yala. In there you’ll enjoy the wild nature with safaris for a stay on two nights middle of the game park. (Big game camping)
Bentota to Airport
Finally, you will be transferred to the Airport for your flight back home, accompanied by all the beautiful memories of the tropical isle Sri Lanka once known as TAPROBANE.
END OF THE TOUR